New Delhi, Feb 18 : The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has taken a tough stance against Press Council of India (PCI) chairman Justice (retired) Markandey Katju, as senior party leader Yashwant Sinha on Monday said that Katju should be dismissed immediately for being biased.
The war of words between the BJP and Justice Katju started after another senior BJP Arun Jaitley wrote an article, blaming him of being biased and targeting only non-Congress state governments.
Justice Katju, in the response to Jaitley's allegation, had asked him to quit politics, saying he is unfit for it.
"I am convinced that he (Justice Katju) does not deserve to be the chairman of an important body like the PCI. He should be dismissed immediately. There is no point in asking for his resignation," said Sinha.
Earlier in the day, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh expressed shock over Jaitley's statement and said Katju's impartial approach is a well-known fact.
"The kind of statement that he (Jaitley) has made against Justice Markandey Katju is highly condemnable. Justice Katju is a man who has been an outstanding judge in the High Court and the Supreme Court and he has always been impartial and at the same time very sensitive to the people's cause," said Singh.
In the article posted on the BJP''s official website, Jaitley has written that Justice Katju''s is behaving like more Congress than the Congress party and alleged that his attacks on non-Congress state governments seem like ''a thanksgiving to those who gave him a post-retirement job.'(ANI)
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin