Baba Ramdev’s agitation against black money has managed to get stronger and bigger compared to last year. The campaign looks better managed compared to previous year, when Delhi Police was successful in taking Baba Ramdev out of New Delhi quite easily.
The police has detained Baba Ramdev and over 300 supporters in nearly 50 DTC buses, however, the group has taken shape of big mob of supporters and is moving very slowly. Baba Ramdev has asked the supporters of the campaign to remain calm and to not break the law.
Media persons have been capturing the event in detail and many TV channels are showing live coverage of the event. There were rumors that Baba Ramdev and his supporters will be left at Delhi’s Bawana area.
Supporters of the agitation have also dared policemen to arrest them. The major roads leading to Ramlila Maidan were blocked by police.
NDA leaders came to support Baba Ramdev. Sharad Yadav and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar offered support to Baba Ramdev. In Lok Sabha, the house was adjourned as BJP, AIADMK and Shiv Sena members agitated the inaction of UPA government.
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell