Hyderabad, Dec 26 : Andhra Pradesh Governor N. D. Tiwari resigned Saturday citing "health grounds" after allegations of his involvement in a sex scandal.
The 86-year-old Tiwari submitted his resignation to the president, official sources said.
The state government had also sent a report on the alleged scandal to the union home ministry.
ABN channel owned by Telugu daily Andhra Jyothi Friday showed explicit clippings purported to be of Tiwari involved in a sex romp. It claimed that the pictures were taken in the Raj Bhavan.(IANS)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell