Leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel has announced that its subscribers can access the online social networking site Facebook for free.
Airtel, which has more than 130 million subscribers, stated that the new offer will be available only for two months till Aug 31.
The Facebook site will be accesible in English, Hindi and five more Indian languages comprising Punjabi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam.
In a statement, Airtel said, "For the two-month period, the partnership enables Airtel customers to access Facebook's full mobile site faster and at no data cost from their Airtel mobiles via m. facebook. com."
Customers, accessing mobile Internet for the first time need to SMS 'FACEBOOK' to 54321 to take advantage of this offer. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue