Leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel has announced that its subscribers can access the online social networking site Facebook for free.
Airtel, which has more than 130 million subscribers, stated that the new offer will be available only for two months till Aug 31.
The Facebook site will be accesible in English, Hindi and five more Indian languages comprising Punjabi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam.
In a statement, Airtel said, "For the two-month period, the partnership enables Airtel customers to access Facebook's full mobile site faster and at no data cost from their Airtel mobiles via m. facebook. com."
Customers, accessing mobile Internet for the first time need to SMS 'FACEBOOK' to 54321 to take advantage of this offer. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name