Leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel has announced that its subscribers can access the online social networking site Facebook for free.
Airtel, which has more than 130 million subscribers, stated that the new offer will be available only for two months till Aug 31.
The Facebook site will be accesible in English, Hindi and five more Indian languages comprising Punjabi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam.
In a statement, Airtel said, "For the two-month period, the partnership enables Airtel customers to access Facebook's full mobile site faster and at no data cost from their Airtel mobiles via m. facebook. com."
Customers, accessing mobile Internet for the first time need to SMS 'FACEBOOK' to 54321 to take advantage of this offer. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak