Leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel has announced that its subscribers can access the online social networking site Facebook for free.
Airtel, which has more than 130 million subscribers, stated that the new offer will be available only for two months till Aug 31.
The Facebook site will be accesible in English, Hindi and five more Indian languages comprising Punjabi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam.
In a statement, Airtel said, "For the two-month period, the partnership enables Airtel customers to access Facebook's full mobile site faster and at no data cost from their Airtel mobiles via m. facebook. com."
Customers, accessing mobile Internet for the first time need to SMS 'FACEBOOK' to 54321 to take advantage of this offer. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study