Leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel has announced that its subscribers can access the online social networking site Facebook for free.
Airtel, which has more than 130 million subscribers, stated that the new offer will be available only for two months till Aug 31.
The Facebook site will be accesible in English, Hindi and five more Indian languages comprising Punjabi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam.
In a statement, Airtel said, "For the two-month period, the partnership enables Airtel customers to access Facebook's full mobile site faster and at no data cost from their Airtel mobiles via m. facebook. com."
Customers, accessing mobile Internet for the first time need to SMS 'FACEBOOK' to 54321 to take advantage of this offer. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore