India will not be intimidated by these criminal killers: Tharoor
New Delhi, Oct 8 : In the third episode of ‘Twitternama’, Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor said that India will not be intimidated by suicide bomb attacks like the one that rocked the Indian Embassy in Kabul on Thursday.
“India will not be intimidated by these criminal killers. We will take all steps necessary to protect Indian lives and installations in Afghanistan,” Tharoor said in his posting on Twitter, a social networking site.
Tharoor also condemned the bomb blast that killed 17 people and injured 83, and said: “Tragic news from Kabul of another bomb attack near our embassy. Indians safe, but many Afghan casualties. Our condolences.”
Earlier in the day, a Ministry of External Affairs spokesman said the blast took place at 8.27 a. m., and added that the walls of the complex had sustained some damage.
The blast tore through a market building across the street from the heavily fortified embassy compound, leaving rubble and debris strewn across the road, where the Afghan Interior Ministry is also located. (ANI)