Mutual Funds

Bank of Rajasthan signs ‘Partnership Deal’ with DBS Cholamandalam

Bank of Rajasthan signs ‘Partnership Deal’ with DBS CholamandalamBank of Rajasthan, one of the oldest, fastest growing, technology driven and customer friendly private sector bank, has informed that it has tied up an alliance with DBS Cholamandalam Asset Management Ltd, to qualitatively enhance its reach in the category of mutual fund investors across the country.

According to a senior official, the tie-up is intended to fulfill the investment needs of Bank of Rajasthan customers, by helping them to reach their financial goals.

SBI-Macquarie announce infrastructure fund MSIF; aim to raise 3 billion this year

SBI-Macquarie announce infrastructure fund MSIF; aim to raise 3 billion this year The Macquarie-SBI Infrastructure Fund (MSIF) is the newly-announced joint venture of India's biggest lender State Bank of India (SBI) and the largest Australian investment bank Macquarie Group Ltd., which has raised $1 billion for investment in ports and power plants in India.

The SBI-Macquarie joint venture MSIF also boasts of the participation of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector lending arm of the World Bank, as a minority shareholder and keystone investor.

Bharti working its way out of its mutual funds tie-up with AXA

BhartiWith Bharti AXA Investment Managers failing to make much of an impression in the market, Bharti Enterprises is working its way out of the mutual fund joint venture with the French biggie AXA, almost after a year of the registering of the asset management company. The fund, which started its operations in July 2008, had assets under management of Rs 186 crore as of February 2009.

The Bharti decision to exit Bharti AXA Investment Managers - in which Bharti Ventures has a 25 percent stake, while AXA Investment Managers Asia Holdings holds the remaining 75 percent - will not affect its affiliation with AXA in the sphere of life insurance and general insurance.

Bharti AXA collects Rs 20 crore through its ‘Regular Return Fund’

Bharti AXA collects Rs 20 crore through its ‘Regular Return Fund’ Bharti AXA Mutual Fund, one of the leading mutual fund house, has notified that it has collected Rs 20 crore via Bharti AXA Regular Return Fund, an open-ended income scheme during their initial offer period from 28 January to 26 February 2009.

The scheme aims to generate regular income through investments in fixed income securities and also to generate long term capital appreciation by investing a portion in equity and equity related instruments.

The performance of the scheme will be benchmarked against CRISIL MIP Blended Index.

MF agents want fee via forms, not cheques

Sebi seeking public comments on the same

The deadline for sending suggestions on variable entry load or fee for mutual fund agents is drawing closer and the responses so far are skewed toward one side.

Earlier, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), the country's capital markets regulator, had mooted a proposal to allow mutual fund investors to mention the commission or fee that they would like to pay the advisor or agent, thus trying to bring transparency.

Average AUM for Indian Mutual funds increase 8.68% in Feb. 2009: AMFI

Association of Mutual Funds in IndiaThe average asset under management (AUM) of country's mutual fund industry increased 8.68% from Rs 4,609,489.97 million to Rs 5,009,733.79 million for the month ended Feb 28, 2009.

The data about 35 fund houses published by Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) shows that twenty three fund houses reported growth while 12 reported fall in their assets during the reporting period.