London - UEFA confirmed Monday that Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will not face any disciplinary action over an alleged stamp on AaB's Kasper Risgard last week.
The incident occurred during United's 2-2 draw against the Danish champions on December 10.
Rooney's studs clearly landed on Risgard's chest, but UEFA decided the contact was accidental.
A spokesman said: "UEFA will not open any disciplinary proceedings against Wayne Rooney." (dpa)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell