Belgrade, Dec 29 - Bosnia's 1992-95 war could have been avoided, says wartime Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic.
He Monday blamed Muslim leader Alija Izetbegovic and foreign powers for triggering the conflict that killed at least 100,000 people.
In an interview with Belgrade daily Vecernje novosti, the first given to Serbian media in 13 years, Karadzic said the war was provoked by the dissolution of the former Yugoslavia and by Izetbegovic's insistence on secession against the will of the second biggest group, the Serbs.
The Hague, Nov. 3 : Former Bosnian Serb president and genocide-accused Radovan Karadzic regretted that some Bosnian Muslims "got away" and were not killed in the Srebrenica massacre, the United Nations war crimes tribunal was told.
The Srebrenica Massacre refers to the July 1995 killing of more than 8,000 Bosnian men and boys, as well as the ethnic cleansing of 25,000-30,000 refugees in Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina, by units of the Army of Republika Srpska (VRS) during the Bosnian War.
The Hague - Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic was due to appear at the war crimes tribunal in The Hague on Tuesday afternoon after announcing he would participate in a hearing about the future of his trial which he has so far refused to attend.
In a letter to presiding judge O-Gon Kwon, the 64-year old had said Sunday he would attend the so-called "status conference" in which the court is due to decide how to proceed with the trial if Karadzic continues his boycott.
The Hague (Netherlands), Oct. 28 : Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic was overheard on phone tap intercepts plotting to wipe Bosnian Muslims from the "face of the earth", his war crimes trial at The Hague has been told.
"They will disappear. Sarajevo will be a black cauldron, where 300,000 Muslims will die. They are not right in the head. It is clear to everyone. It will be a real bloodbath," The Telegraph quoted him, as saying in the intercept.
Sarajevo/Belgrade - Bosnian Muslim organizations have voiced disappointment over the false start to Radovan Karadzic's war crimes trial in The Hague, media in the region said Tuesday.
The former Bosnian Serb leader, who is representing himself in the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), boycotted the start of the trial Monday. Karadzic argues that he needs more time to prepare his defence.
The Hague - Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic was due to go on trial Monday at the international war crimes tribunal in The Hague despite announcing he was insufficiently prepared for the proceedings and would not attend.
Prosecutors Alan Tieger and Hildegard Uertz-Retzlaff of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia were scheduled at 9 am (0800 GMT) to deliver their opening statements, which were expected to continue two days.
Karadzic, 64, who intends to represent himself, faces 11 counts of war crimes and crimes against humanity, including two counts of genocide, for acts allegedly committed during the 1992-1995 Bosnian war.
The Hague - Radovan Karadzic will not be present at his first day of trial on October 26, the former Bosnian Serb leader informed the Hague-based war crimes tribunal on Thursday.
In the letter revealed to Dutch media on Thursday, Karadzic, who is to face 11 counts of war crimes and crimes against humanity, including two counts of genocide for acts committed during the 1992- 1995 Bosnian war, said he had not been given enough time to prepare his defence.
The Hague - The case against former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic, which comes before a war crimes tribunal in the Hague on Monday, comprises roughly 600,000 documents and more than 1,000 legal papers.
Karadzic has been indicted on 11 counts of war crimes, crimes against humanity, including two counts of genocide, during the 1992-1995 Bosnian war.
He has repeatedly complained that he has not had enough time to study the case against him - that pouring over the documentation alone, could take years.
The Hague/ Belgrade - At best, Radovan Karadzic's war crimes trial at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) offers what may be the last shot at shedding light on Serbia's role in the Bosnian war.
The former Bosnian Serb leader is seen to hold the key to the puzzle in the absence of the other two leading players on the Serb side of the Bosnian.
On Monday, Bosnian Serb wartime leader Radovan Karadzic will face justice for war crimes, including genocide, at the United Nations' International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague.
The trial promises to be the key to understanding the violent disintegration of the former Yugoslavia up to 1995, and the brutalities which happened in Bosnia, including the slaughter of up to 8,000 Muslim men and boys at the hands of Bosnian Serbs in Srebrenica in July
The Hague - Former Bosnian-Serb leader Radovan Karadzic was to appear before the International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Tuesday afternoon for a so-called pre-trial conference.
Tuesday's hearing at the United Nations-sponsored tribunal in The Hague marks the final preparation for the actual trial, for which a tentative date of October 19 has been set.
The Hague - The long-awaited war crimes trial of former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic was on Tuesday scheduled for October 19, following rejection of his application to have the trial delayed by 10 months.
Judge Kwon O-Gon, presiding over the case in the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague, said he would make a formal announcement on the decision shortly.
The Hague - Former Bosnian Serb wartime leader Radovan Karadzic claimed Thursday that the commonly accepted number of victims of the Srebrenica massacre had been overstated, at a preliminary war crimes hearing in The Hague.
Karadzic said "we are convinced that there is manifold exaggeration here," and suggested that the real number of victims was many thousands fewer.
The Hague - The prosecution at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia wants Radovan Karadzic to have a long trial, Peter Robinson, legal counsel for the former Bosnian Serb leader, said Thursday.
"The prosecution has produced more than a million documents for Dr Karadzic," Robinson said, speaking before the start of Thursday's pre-trial meeting between the case's lawyers and judges.
Stockholm - Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt Thursday rejected claims by former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic that he had received an immunity deal from the United States.
Defence attorneys for Karadzic, who is facing a war crimes trial in The Hague, have said "via the media" that they wished to meet with Bildt, he said.
New York - An international court prosecuting crimes committed during the Bosnian war from 1992-1995 is expected to fold in 2010 after this year's full trial of six cases, the court's prosecutor said Thursday.
The six cases include those against Radovan Karadzic, a Bosnian Serb leader who, with Army General Ratko Mladic, was responsible for the massacre of Bosnian Muslims during the ethnic war in Bosnia- Herzegovina, which ended with the Dayton peace agreement in 1995.
Amsterdam - Former Bosnian-Serb leader Radovan Karadzic has requested the International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Monday to hold a special hearing to determine the court's jurisdiction, amid claims that Karadzic had been promised immunity by the US.
Amsterdam - Former Bosnian-Serb president Radovan Karadzic declined Tuesday to enter a plea at the International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague.
Karadzic was asked to enter his plea in response to the 11 counts in the revised indictment filed against him. Presiding judge Iain Bonomy ordered that the court record Karadzic pleaded "not guilty".
Sarajevo - The chairman of Bosnia's nationalist Serbian Democratic Party (SDS) has denied that the party gave up its founder, war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic, according to a report published Thursday.
The former Bosnian Serb leader has been indicted on charges of war crimes, genocide, crimes against humanity and severe breaches of the Geneva Conventions by The Hague-based International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY).
London, Aug. 11 : Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic who has been indicted for genocide and war crimes, was receiving protection from London, a former Hague Tribunal official has claimed.
According to The Telegraph, a former United Nations political affairs officer in Bosnia and a Hague Tribunal investigator, James Luko, told a Belgrade newspaper that General Angus Ramsay, the former commander of British peacekeepers in Bosnia, was ordered by his superiors in London to leave Karadzic alone just minutes before British troops were to capture him in August 1997.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore