According to the official reports, Israeli officials are trying to recover classified documents that were inside a safe stolen from a private security company by a criminal gang.
Ynetnews. com reported on Tuesday that the thieves apparently took the safe believing it held cash. The contents may have included polygraph reports on Israeli espionage contacts in the country and elsewhere.
It has been reported that the affair allegedly started when the leaders of the criminal group, suspicious of one of its members, arranged for a polygraph test by the security firm. Members of the gang allegedly noticed the safe during their visit to the office and returned later to steal it.
Officials fear some of the missing documents may have been sold or passed on and copies made of the returned papers, though others have already been returned.
It has also been reported that a Haifa man has been charged with receiving some of the documents. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit