Indian Stock Market opened positive on Tuesday and has stayed in positive territory for most part of the trading session except for a decline at 2 pm IST. All the Asian markets closed in positive zone. Hang Seng was up by 294 points. The European markets have opened positive.
Heavyweight counters in Indian market including Reliance, ITC and BHEL dragged the indices down. Reliance was down by 0.4% after touching intraday high of Rs 742. ITC was trading at 246.5, down by 1.4%. TCS was down by nearly two per cent.
Bharti Airtel, DLF, Sesa Goa and GAIL were major gainers.
On MCX exchange, Copper contract for 31 August expiry was most active with 6.5% rise in Open Interest followed by CrudeOil and SilverMIC.
USD lost further ground compared to INR. USD-INR was trading at 54.67 with a decline of 1.37% while EURO-INR was at 68.86, down by 1.1%.
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit