Washington, Dec 4 : Founders of Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart have invested 1 million in Ather, a Chennai-based startup that develops high-speed electric scooters.
According to Tech Crunch, in addition to Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, who launched Flipkart in 2007, Ather's seed round also included participation from Raju Venkatraman, the CEO of healthcare company Medall.
Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal had previously invested in Touchtalent , a social network and marketplace for artists, since Flipkart received an astounding 1 billion dollars in funding three months ago.
Meanwhile, Binny Bansal has also participated in a funding round for Roposo, a discovery platform for fashion products, the report said. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study