Helsinki - The Museum Centre Vapriikki in Tampere, Finland, is to host a comprehensive exhibition on North American Indians from June 12 to November 8.
The exhibition includes around 180 items on loan from descendants to Chief Sitting Bull, the legendary Lakota Sioux leader who died in 1890.
The exhibition is currently on show at the Ueberseemuseum in Bremen, Germany. Some items are on loan from the Voelkerkundemuseum in Vienna.
At present, the Museum Centre Vaprikki is hosting an exhibition on Tibet. The objects there are on loan from Finnish museums and private collections and show traditional Tibetan culture.
The museum is located in an old industrial building in central Tampere. Visitors can also see the history of Finnish shoe-making at the Shoe Museum. (dpa)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore