State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has finally launched a multi-featured computing service Nova net PC bundled with broadband over landline for both urban and rural areas in Bihar.
The company stated in a communique that the Nova net PC has been launched in alliance with Noavtium Solution Private Limited, which can be used for both internet access and computing applications at economical prices.
In urban areas, Nova Net PC would be delivered to the users against a one-time payment of Rs 2,999 plus tax. However, in rural areas, the system would be made available to the broadband users under USOF (Universal Service Obligation Fund) scheme which means that rural users would have to pay a security deposit of Rs 1900.
Further the company clarified that if the rural users opted for Nova Net PC, then they would be provided with CRT Monitor, Modem, Keyboard and Mouse free of cost.
The latest move has been planned by company to expand the usage of internet among the people, particularly in rural areas. At present, the state has 38,000 broadband users. The company plans to add 80,000 new subscribers by the end of the financial year 2009-10 with this launch.
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak