Sydney - Supported by Wall Street, the Australian stocks continued their climb in early trading session on Tuesday.
Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 4.67% higher at 9265. US Fed Chief said in a statement that the US Economy will need stimulus and we may see recession for coming quarters. However, for first time in five month, US Financial Indicators were positive.
Nasdaq Composite Index closed 3.43 per cent higher at 1770. European Markets closed positive as well.
The ASX 200 added 58 points, or 1.3 per cent, to 4,213. The positive sentiment came after Monday's 4.3-per-cent increase on the bellwether index. (With Inputs from Agencies)
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1