Netherlands market enjoys 20% jump in plug-in car sales in August 2022

Netherlands market enjoys 20% jump in plug-in car sales in August 2022

Sales of new passenger cars in the Netherlands slightly grew in August 2022, and plug-in cars accounted for a considerable fraction of the overall sales. According to EV Volumes’ stats, published by Jose Pontes, a total of 7,979 new plug-in cars were registered in the Netherlands last month. The figure represents a jump of around 20 per cent from the level recorded in August 2022. In terms of market share, the segment of plug-in cars grabbed 34 per cent.

The aforementioned growth of the plug-in segment was associated mostly with battery-electric cars (BEVs), which jumped 30 per cent year-over-year to settle at almost 5,700 units. Sales of plug-in hybrid cars (PHEVs) also grew, but by merely 1 per cent, to around 2,300 units.

More precisely, new plug-in car registrations in the month of August included 5,683 BEVs (24 per cent market share) and 2,296 PHEVs (10 per cent market share). The total number of plug-in registrations settled at 7,979 units (34 per cent market share).

Year to date (YTD), nearly 63,000 plug-in electric cars were sold or registered in the country, which is 32 per cent more than the year-ago period.

When it comes to top models by sales, the plug-in hybrid Lynk & Co 01 once again grabbed the top spot with 502 units sold in the month under review.

The Skoda Enyaq iV fully-electric SUV noted the second highest result with 442 units sold, which allowed the model to comfortably remain the YTD leader with sales of 3,691 units.

The Kia Niro EV (e-Niro), Peugeot e-208, and the Kia EV6 emerged at the third, fourth and fifth spots with sales or registrations of 319 units, 310 units and 278 units, respectively. The Peugeot e-2008, Audi e-tron, Volvo XC40 BEV, Volkswagen, ID.3, and Hyundai Ioniq 5 followed with sales of 262 units, 252 units, 236 units, and 224 units, respectively.

In the first eight months of the year, the Skoda Enyaq iV topped the list with sales of 3,691 units, While Lynk & Co 01 PHEV, Peugeot e-208, Kia Niro EV (e-Niro), Kia EV6, Volvo XC40 PHEV, Audi Q4 e-tron, Citroën e-C4, Fiat 500 electric, and the Peugeot e-2008 accounted 2,986 units, 2,531 units, 2,255 units, 2,108 units, 2,104 units, 1,716 units, 1,633 units, 1,553 units and 1,383 units, respectively.

When it comes to brands, Volvo maintained its top position in plug-in car sales with a 9.2 per cent market share (YTD). Kia accounted for slightly less than 9.2 per cent share, while BMW and Peugeot accounted for 8.6 per cent and 7.5 per cent, respectively.

Business News: 
Technology Update: