Will provide unhindered access to MH17 crash site, assures Putin
Johannesburg, July 21 - Breaking his silence for the first time on the MH17 tragedy, Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that the task force investigating the site of the crash is not enough and that the situation demands a force consisting of experts.
According to News. com. au, Putin also warned his detractors to not use the tragedy to achieve their narrowly selfish political goals.
He assured that his government will do everything to provide access and security to international experts to the crash site in Ukraine. The President spoke to Russian reporters following a conversation with Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on phone.
Abbott had earlier said that the investigation at the MH17 crash site looked more like a garden clean-up than a forensic investigation. In his conversation with Putin, he raised concerns over the integrity of the investigation alleging that the wreckage had been trashed and trampled. He had also added that he will make sure that Putin keeps to his word, the report said.
The reaction comes barely days after the United States President Barack Obama alleged that the rebels could not have brought down a plane at such height without help from Moscow. (ANI)