India

Deccan Mujahideen'' claims responsibility for Mumbai terror strike

Mumbai, Nov. 27: A little-known militant group going by the name of "Deccan Mujahideen" today claimed responsibility for the coordinated terror strikes in Mumbai on Wednesday night.

The previously unknown or little known group sent an e-mail to news organisations claiming responsibility.

Indian journalist Ameet Sha told a private TV channel there was no confirmation but the pattern suggested involvement of Laskar-e-Toiba.

She said terrorist attacks of such a magnitude and the participation of such a large number of gunmen raised questions on the security situation in India.

The identity and nature of the attack has left security agencies baffled.

Terror strike toll rises to over 100, injured toll 110; encounters still on

Mumbai, Nov. 27 : Over a hundred people have been killed in a series of well-coordinated terrorist attacks in Mumbai late on Wednesday night.

Television and print media reports said that the planned and synchronised terror strikes had left at least 110 people injured, some of who were in serious condition in the city''s various hospitals. The places attacked included the Trident Hotel, the Taj Hotel, Wadi Bunder, Cama hospital, GT Hospital, Victoria Terminus station, Bootleggers pub, Girgaum and Metro cinema.

Mumbai under siege: Up to 100 dead, 200 wounded in attacks

Mumbai under siege: Up to 100 dead, 200 wounded in attacksMumbai  - Mumbai was paralyzed Thursday as government forces tried to secure two posh hotels after terrorists killed scores of people in overnight attacks across India's cosmopolitan financial capital.

Gunmen carried out 10 coordinated assaults in one of India's worst-ever terrorist attacks, which occurred in the wealthiest parts of Mumbai, killing at least 87 people, according to authorities. Non- governmental estimates put the death toll close to 100.

More than 200 people were wounded.

Australians in Mumbai attacks: "people getting shot in corridor"

Australians in Mumbai attacks: "people getting shot in corridor"Sydney  - Australian soap opera star Brooke Satchwell described Thursday how she hid inside a bathroom cupboard as gunmen were shooting other guests at Mumbai's Taj Mahal Hotel.

Two Australians were in hospital and six members of a trade delegation were missing after multiple, coordinated terrorist attacks late Wednesday in India's financial capital.

Manhunt, firefight launched against terrorists after they kill 78 in Mumbai serial blasts

Manhunt, firefight launched against terrorists after they kill 78 in Mumbai serial blastsMumbai, Nov. 27: Maharashtra Police and Indian Army personnel launched a massive manhunt and a firefight early on Thursday morning against terrorists responsible for planned and synchronized serial bomb blasts across Mumbai late on Wednesday night that left at least 78 people killed, including a foreign tourist and a top counter-terror officer.

Police said that about 250 others were injured in the midnight attacks that took place in the heart of the country’s financial capital.

German legislator: Chaos in Mumbai

Berlin/Mumbai  - A German member of a European Parliament trade delegation to India described chaos and fear among guests inside a Mumbai hotel, where terrorists are in a standoff with Indian secur

Pages