Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho signs 1-yr contract extension with Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro

RonaldinhoBeijing, Feb 2  : Brazilian football star Ronaldinho has reportedly signed a one-year contract extension with his club Atletico Mineiro.

A World Cup winner with Brazil in 2002, Ronaldinho, who will not play for Atletico Mineiro this weekend because of a suspension for a red card at the Club World Cup, led his club to the Copa Libertadores title last year.

According to the China Daily, negotiations had been underway since Atletico played in FIFA's Club World Cup in December, although the two-time FIFA player of the year said at the time that he was not sure whether he would remain with the club in 2014.

Ronaldinho motivated at Atletico

Ronaldinho motivated at AtleticoBelo Horizonte (Brazil), Aug 6 - Ronaldinho Gaucho has confirmed he remains motivated at Minas football club Atletico-MG and claimed he only missed the last three matches to improve his physical condition.

"I am extremely motivated. We have the chance to take this club to a higher level. My desire is to take Atletico as far as possible," he said, while admitting that he is not currently in top physical condition.

"I am undertaking physical preparation so I can last the remaining months of the year," he was quoted as saying by Xinhua on Monday.

Ronaldinho vows to fight for World Cup recall

Ronaldinho vows to fight for World Cup recallRio de Janeiro, May 16 : Ronaldinho has refused to concede his 2014 World Cup dream and vowed to convince coach Luiz Felipe Scolari he is worthy of a recall to Brazil's national team.

The 33-year-old was left out of Scolari's 23-man squad for next month's Confederations Cup despite his impressive club form for Brazilian outfit Atletico Mineiro, reports Xinhua.

"There is still a long way to go until the World Cup and my intention is to be under consideration," Ronaldinho said Wednesday.

Ronaldinho denies showing lack of respect

RonaldinhoRio de Janeiro, April 19 : Ronaldinho apologised to Atletico Mineiro fans after describing a Copa Libertadores match against Sao Paulo as a "training session".

The two-time FIFA World Player of the Year made the comments Wednesday in a half-time television interview during Atletico's 0-2 defeat to Sao Paulo in their final group match, reports Xinhua.

With the score 0-0 and Atletico having already secured their passage to the round of 16 as leaders of Group 3, Ronaldinho called on his teammates to treat the second half as preparation for the knockout phase.

Ronaldinho keeps Mineiro on top in Libertadores

RonaldinhoRio de Janeiro, March 8 : Ronaldinho struck once and and set up another as Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro defeated Bolivia's The Strongest 2-1 to stay top of Group 3 in the Copa Libertadores football tournament.

Former Manchester City striker Jo netted the opener at Atletico's Independencia arena after a lofted Ronaldinho cross. The two-time FIFA player of the year then added a second for his team from the penalty spot in the 73rd minute here Thursday, reports Xinhua.

Atletico are top of Group 3 with three wins from as many games while The Strongest are third with one win and two losses.




Check out More news from Telecom Sector :: Pharmaceutical Sector :: Auto Sector :: Infrastructure :: Real Estate


Syndicate content