Washington, Jan 26 : Technology giant Apple is planning to launch its iPhone 5 in early 2012, a report has claimed.
A report from 9 to 5 Mac, quoted an unnamed Foxconn employee, as saying that there are "various sample devices" for the next iPhone already floating around.
According to the blog, all the phones have a 4-inch or larger display, and are slightly longer and wider than current iPhones, The Washington Post reports.
The blog also revealed that the new iPhone5 would have a different form factor than the iPhone 4 and 4S.
In Apple's latest earnings call, the firm's chief executive Tim Cook said that Apple had some "amazing" products coming in the pipeline, but said he was unfazed by competitors' 4G and larger-screened phones.
Repeating that Apple had just announced the sale of 37 million iPhones, Cook said that it appeared that customers were already pleased with the phone. (ANI)
- Facebook now allows you to 'see less' from friends on news feed
- Now, 'Cyborg cockroach' that can be wireless carrier too
- Microsoft makes Office suite free for Android, iPad, iPhone users
- Emojis may soon impersonate you more accurately with different skin tones
- Google glasses found to partially obstruct side vision