Washington, Jan 29 : The woman, who became a victim of sexual abuse at the hands of her Victorian father, told the court she feared if she fled he would hunt her down and kill her.
The man fathered four children with his daughter, one of whom died soon after birth.
The Victorian County Court heard the Gippsland man, aged in his sixties, sexually abused his daughter over thirty years, beginning in the 1970s.
He has pleaded guilty to 13 charges, 10 of incest, two of indecent assault and one of assault.
The court heard that the man intimidated his daughter into complying with his demands.
The Crown Prosecutor said the abuse began when the girl was 12 years old and continued through her four pregnancies over 28 years.
The man told his daughter to "keep your f----ing mouth shut" and "you''ll do as I tell you to do (and) do what I want".
The court heard that the woman feared that if she fled her father would hunt her down, find her and kill her.
She also feared he would get his friends to pursue her and spy on her.
Meanwhile, the man's lawyer said that he has had a personality disorder all his life.
"This isn''t a calm, rational man offending. He was not that and he never was that in his life," The Age quoted him as saying.
However, the prosecutor said the father should be jailed for between 22 and 25 years with a non-parole period of 18-21 years. (ANI)
- U.S. chain Home Depot confirms breach of data in more than 2,000 stores
- Apple beefs up iCloud security in wake of J-Law nude snaps scandal
- Now, shape-changing 'squishy' robots that tread over extreme conditions for rescue ops
- Only 5 percent of Android users to switch to iPhone 6: Survey
- US govt better at communicating on Twitter than news organizations: Study