New York, June 8 : A man in Texas installed a secret camera in his former wife’s attic and kept snapping her nude pictures for nine months authorities said.
According to court papers filed, Manuel Tovar, 42, of Alvin, Texas, explained that he “wanted to see her naked” when his former spouse became aware of his creepy camera work.
The perverse photograph was exposed when his ex-wife asked a neighbor to fix a problem with her air conditioning — and the sordid set-up was uncovered in March, the New York Daily News reported.
The ex-wife recorded his confession during a phone conversation.
A laptop computer was hidden in the attic rafters, with a USB cord running to a small camera.
The wife said that when she checked the “My Pictures” folder, it was filled with photos of her in various states of undress.
Tovar was charged with improper visual recording after hiding the camera over the bed in his former wife’s home.
Apparently, he installed the camera in July 2011 while patching a hole in the roof.
The couple divorced in 2003 after 12 years of marriage, but Tovar remains in contact with his ex-wife and visits her home to see their children. (ANI)
- Twitter accounts of New York Post, UPI hacked
- UC Web, Facebook come together to enable in-browser mobile notifications in India
- Samsung rolls out its first Tizen-powered phone Z1 in India
- Carbon nanotubes bring 'flexible electronics' with longer battery life closer to reality
- No fixes for IE on Microsoft Patch Tuesday this month