Washington, March 16 - Washington remains committed to an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation despite Taliban's announcement of suspending talks with the US, the White House said.
"We support an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation," Xinhua quoted White House press secretary Jay Carney as saying during his daily briefing Thursday.
"There is no likely resolution to the conflict in Afghanistan without a political resolution," he added.
On Thursday, the Afghan Taliban announced that it has suspended preliminary peace talks with the US. (IANS)
- Google Glass-like eyewear to live stream soldiers war zone data in future
- New Internet phenomenon Black Twitter growing in clout in virtual world
- Half-priced SeeThru eyewear poses new challenge to Google Glass' augmented reality
- New LG G3 likely to be dust, water-resistant
- New Twitter data shows when users are happy, sad