Washington, March 16 - Washington remains committed to an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation despite Taliban's announcement of suspending talks with the US, the White House said.
"We support an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation," Xinhua quoted White House press secretary Jay Carney as saying during his daily briefing Thursday.
"There is no likely resolution to the conflict in Afghanistan without a political resolution," he added.
On Thursday, the Afghan Taliban announced that it has suspended preliminary peace talks with the US. (IANS)
- U.S. chain Home Depot confirms breach of data in more than 2,000 stores
- Apple beefs up iCloud security in wake of J-Law nude snaps scandal
- Now, shape-changing 'squishy' robots that tread over extreme conditions for rescue ops
- Only 5 percent of Android users to switch to iPhone 6: Survey
- US govt better at communicating on Twitter than news organizations: Study