Washington, March 16 - Washington remains committed to an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation despite Taliban's announcement of suspending talks with the US, the White House said.
"We support an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation," Xinhua quoted White House press secretary Jay Carney as saying during his daily briefing Thursday.
"There is no likely resolution to the conflict in Afghanistan without a political resolution," he added.
On Thursday, the Afghan Taliban announced that it has suspended preliminary peace talks with the US. (IANS)
- Twitter accounts of New York Post, UPI hacked
- UC Web, Facebook come together to enable in-browser mobile notifications in India
- Samsung rolls out its first Tizen-powered phone Z1 in India
- Carbon nanotubes bring 'flexible electronics' with longer battery life closer to reality
- No fixes for IE on Microsoft Patch Tuesday this month