Washington, March 16 - Washington remains committed to an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation despite Taliban's announcement of suspending talks with the US, the White House said.
"We support an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation," Xinhua quoted White House press secretary Jay Carney as saying during his daily briefing Thursday.
"There is no likely resolution to the conflict in Afghanistan without a political resolution," he added.
On Thursday, the Afghan Taliban announced that it has suspended preliminary peace talks with the US. (IANS)
- Facebook now allows you to 'see less' from friends on news feed
- Now, 'Cyborg cockroach' that can be wireless carrier too
- Microsoft makes Office suite free for Android, iPad, iPhone users
- Emojis may soon impersonate you more accurately with different skin tones
- Google glasses found to partially obstruct side vision