Washington, March 16 - Washington remains committed to an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation despite Taliban's announcement of suspending talks with the US, the White House said.
"We support an Afghan-led process towards reconciliation," Xinhua quoted White House press secretary Jay Carney as saying during his daily briefing Thursday.
"There is no likely resolution to the conflict in Afghanistan without a political resolution," he added.
On Thursday, the Afghan Taliban announced that it has suspended preliminary peace talks with the US. (IANS)
- Samsung may launch two high-end smartphones this year
- France tops the list of countries that made most 'right to be forgotten' requests: Google
- Apple's iPhone 6 may debut on October 14
- No need to remember passwords with '1Password' extension in Apple iOS 8
- Google's Android may face probe by European antitrust regulators