Washington, Aug 5 - US President Barack Obama is celebrating his 50th birthday with friends and family, the White House said.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said during a briefing that the president - who turned 50 Thursday - will be toasted by senior staff at the White House, and he will have a "birthday gathering with friends and family" in the evening, Xinhua reported.
Obama was born Aug 4, 1961.
Some friends and family members were coming to celebrate his birthday from hometown Chicago, the White House said. His mother-in-law Marian Robinson and family friend Kaye Willington flew in with him Wednesday night onboard Air Force One from Chicago.
Obama had gone to Chicago Wednesday for a couple of birthday-themed fundraisers.
First Lady Michelle Obama also sent out a message to supporters Thursday, asking them to sign a birthday card, contents of which would be used for a book. (IANS)
- Twitter accounts of New York Post, UPI hacked
- UC Web, Facebook come together to enable in-browser mobile notifications in India
- Samsung rolls out its first Tizen-powered phone Z1 in India
- Carbon nanotubes bring 'flexible electronics' with longer battery life closer to reality
- No fixes for IE on Microsoft Patch Tuesday this month