New York, May 3 : Mexico is now home to a state-of-the-art penthouse that has a glass-floored washroom looking down on an empty 15-story high elevator shaft.
Hernandez Silva Architects are the masterminds behind the vertigo-inducing home which is sure to make brushing your teeth before bed an exhilarating experience.
The design team came up with the idea after plans for a second elevator shaft in the luxury apartment were scrapped, the New York Daily News reported.
According to website thisiscolossal. com, the architects said they decided to install "a powder room with a glass floor that looks down on all 15 levels," to make life interesting.
The luxury home reportedly has been built on top of a 1970s colonial-style building in Guadalajara and has a huge deck and sweeping views of the city.
There are huge windows throughout the space, and walls can be moved and eliminated to change the layout of interior rooms. (ANI)
- Twitter accounts of New York Post, UPI hacked
- UC Web, Facebook come together to enable in-browser mobile notifications in India
- Samsung rolls out its first Tizen-powered phone Z1 in India
- Carbon nanotubes bring 'flexible electronics' with longer battery life closer to reality
- No fixes for IE on Microsoft Patch Tuesday this month