Washington, Nov 18 : Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan is the best of the lot of politicians there.
“He (Imran Khan) means what he says. Maybe, although at times, one sees some variations in statements but, I think he means well. He is a patriotic man. So, since he has not been tested, he is, out of the lot, the best of the lot to be given a chance,” The Nation quoted Musharraf, as saying.
“One successful public meeting does not mean that he (Imran Khan) will win the elections expected to be held next year. Organising a party is a different issue,” he added.
Musharraf insisted Khan had shown that the political scenario is changing in Pakistan, adding that the former cricketer could become a political alternative since he was an honest man.
“Unless we break this political status quo and create another political alternative, I think Pakistan will continue on this downward trend as we are going,” he said.
Stressing that he would like his party, the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), to win on its own, Musharraf said: “If at all there is even a 25-30pc chance of that not being possible, I would still like to get into a coalition with people who can serve the purposes of Pakistan in the future.”
“In breaking the political status quo, in creating a new political dynamic, I see a wind, a changing wind. The winds are changing in Pakistan,” he said. (ANI)
- U.S. chain Home Depot confirms breach of data in more than 2,000 stores
- Apple beefs up iCloud security in wake of J-Law nude snaps scandal
- Now, shape-changing 'squishy' robots that tread over extreme conditions for rescue ops
- Only 5 percent of Android users to switch to iPhone 6: Survey
- US govt better at communicating on Twitter than news organizations: Study