Washington, May 24 : Software giant Microsoft is set to release Microsoft Office for Android tabs and iPads and an Outlook Web app for iOS this fall.
Although officially Microsoft has no comment to make, reports have surfaced that the full suite of Office apps will have a November release, according to website BGR.
According to BGR''s source, the app is said to look almost identical to the leaked images from a few months ago.
The source also claimed the app''s loading screen read "Office for iOS," suggesting iPhone and iPod Touch could have the software in their future as well.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the App Store may also see another Microsoft offering ahead of it, featuring the same Metro tile interface on Windows Phone, an Outlook app known as "OWA Mobile Client for iOS", which is reportedly in the works for devices running iOS 5 or later.
Microsoft is currently believed to be planning for both Outlook Web App and the new Lync to debut on the iOS App Store before the end of October, both native of the iOS applications that render Web content with the same tiled Metro user interface style that can be found on Windows Phone.
Outlook apps are expected for Windows Phone and Android devices about the same time. (ANI)
- Google Glass-like eyewear to live stream soldiers war zone data in future
- New Internet phenomenon Black Twitter growing in clout in virtual world
- Half-priced SeeThru eyewear poses new challenge to Google Glass' augmented reality
- New LG G3 likely to be dust, water-resistant
- New Twitter data shows when users are happy, sad