Washington, May 24 : Software giant Microsoft is set to release Microsoft Office for Android tabs and iPads and an Outlook Web app for iOS this fall.
Although officially Microsoft has no comment to make, reports have surfaced that the full suite of Office apps will have a November release, according to website BGR.
According to BGR''s source, the app is said to look almost identical to the leaked images from a few months ago.
The source also claimed the app''s loading screen read "Office for iOS," suggesting iPhone and iPod Touch could have the software in their future as well.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the App Store may also see another Microsoft offering ahead of it, featuring the same Metro tile interface on Windows Phone, an Outlook app known as "OWA Mobile Client for iOS", which is reportedly in the works for devices running iOS 5 or later.
Microsoft is currently believed to be planning for both Outlook Web App and the new Lync to debut on the iOS App Store before the end of October, both native of the iOS applications that render Web content with the same tiled Metro user interface style that can be found on Windows Phone.
Outlook apps are expected for Windows Phone and Android devices about the same time. (ANI)
- Twitter accounts of New York Post, UPI hacked
- UC Web, Facebook come together to enable in-browser mobile notifications in India
- Samsung rolls out its first Tizen-powered phone Z1 in India
- Carbon nanotubes bring 'flexible electronics' with longer battery life closer to reality
- No fixes for IE on Microsoft Patch Tuesday this month