Washington, Jan 14 : Michelle Obama delighted elementary and middle school children at the Hayfield Secondary School when she performed a `random dance' along with cast members of the Nickelodeon show `iCarly'.
She joined Miranda Cosgrove and Jennette McCurdy during an appearance tied to her upcoming cameo in the show, where she thanks military families for their sacrifices.
A staple of `iCarly' is a segment of `random dancing', which Obama performed both in the episode that premieres Monday and on stage Friday.
While her dance moves drew plaudits from the `iCarly' cast she drew some boos when she told students about legislation to add more vegetables to school lunches.
Obama handled their questions too and when asked about her favourite TV shows, she mentioned `iCarly'. She also talked about her TV viewing habits.
"We watch all kinds of things. We try not to have too much TV time during the week, though," CBS news quoted her as saying.
The US First Lady also joined the social networking site Twitter this year.
"Hi, everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome. Look forward to staying in touch with you here. -mo," she said in her first tweet. (ANI)
- U.S. chain Home Depot confirms breach of data in more than 2,000 stores
- Apple beefs up iCloud security in wake of J-Law nude snaps scandal
- Now, shape-changing 'squishy' robots that tread over extreme conditions for rescue ops
- Only 5 percent of Android users to switch to iPhone 6: Survey
- US govt better at communicating on Twitter than news organizations: Study