Washington, Nov 14 : Gloria Cain, wife of Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, has denied the allegations of sexual harassment levelled against him, saying the charges ‘don’t square with the man she knows’, and that her husband ‘totally respects women’.
According to the Washington Post, two weeks after accusations against Cain, his wife opened up publicly about the matter, and said that ‘Cain would have to have a split personality to do the things that were said.’
“You hear the graphic allegations and we know that would have been something that’s totally disrespectful of her as a woman,” she said during an interview with Fox News.
“And I know the type of person he is. He totally respects women,” she added.
The Cain campaign has been struggling to regain its focus after it was revealed that two women who worked for the National Restaurant Association received monetary settlements in the 1990s relating to allegations of harassment by Cain when he was its chief.
One of the women, Karen Kraushaar, has spoken out publicly in recent days. Another woman, Sharon Bialek, recently claimed Cain ‘groped her’ in 1997 after she asked for employment help. (ANI)
- Facebook now allows you to 'see less' from friends on news feed
- Now, 'Cyborg cockroach' that can be wireless carrier too
- Microsoft makes Office suite free for Android, iPad, iPhone users
- Emojis may soon impersonate you more accurately with different skin tones
- Google glasses found to partially obstruct side vision