Washington, Aug 22 : `The Help' has topped the U. S weekend box office with a revenue of 20.5 million dollars.
According to early estimates by Hollywood. com, the movie, an adaptation of a novel about African-American maids during the Civil Rights era, has left behind high profile sequels and remakes to become the number 1 at the US weekend box office.
`The Help' starring Emma Stone and Viola Davis earned 20.5 million dollars over its second weekend in theatres, whereas `Rise of the Planet of the Apes' was placed second with 16.3 million dollars.
`Spy Kids: All the Time in the World', which is being publicized as "4D", combining 3D with a scratch-and-sniff card that allows the audience to smell odours from the film, stood third with 12 million dollars.
`Conan the Barbarian' from Lionsgate and `Fright Night' from Touchstone -both remakes, made it to the top five with 10 million dollars and 8.3 million dollars. (ANI)
- Facebook now allows you to 'see less' from friends on news feed
- Now, 'Cyborg cockroach' that can be wireless carrier too
- Microsoft makes Office suite free for Android, iPad, iPhone users
- Emojis may soon impersonate you more accurately with different skin tones
- Google glasses found to partially obstruct side vision