Washington, July 9 : An analysis of the front pages of the Internet''s 10,000 largest sites has showed that Facebook still enjoys a dominant position on the adoption of social sharing plug-ins and links to social sites.
It is still the preferred social media platform for larger companies with over 47 percent of sites linking to the network.
The inaugural version of SocialShare Site Analysis, which was released on Friday and conducted by BrightEdge, an enterprise search engine optimization platform, has revealed that Twitter follows Facebook, linking its homepage to 42 percent of sites, while almost 17 percent of the 10,000 largest sites have links to YouTube on their front pages, Xinhua reports.
As far as social plug-ins are concerned, Facebook is still the dominant tool, as almost 20 percent of these large sites include plug-in tools offered by Facebook, including Facebook like button, like box, Facebook connect and Facebook recommendations.
Google+1 is more widely used than Twitter''s share button with an integration rate of 4.5 percent, which tops the combined numbers of the Twitter share (2.1 percent) and Twitter instant follow (1.3 percent).
BrightEdge has said that the SocialShare Site Analysis will be a monthly report that tracks the presence and penetration of social sharing tools on the world''s 10,000 largest sites. (ANI)
- U.S. chain Home Depot confirms breach of data in more than 2,000 stores
- Apple beefs up iCloud security in wake of J-Law nude snaps scandal
- Now, shape-changing 'squishy' robots that tread over extreme conditions for rescue ops
- Only 5 percent of Android users to switch to iPhone 6: Survey
- US govt better at communicating on Twitter than news organizations: Study