Washington, Apr 14 : A hacker by the name of `w0rmer' of the notorious group `Anonymous', was finally busted by the FBI after he posted a photo of his scantily-clad girlfriend, with a message on a paper pasted on her waist taunting US officials.
Higinio O. Ochoa III, a 30 yr-old computer programmer from Galveston, Texas, has been found guilty of illegally hacking into at least four U. S. law enforcement websites across social networking websites. After putting him under surveillance, the authorities arrested him on March 20, the Daily Mail reports.
The FBI said it confirmed the identity of Ochoa, who called himself by the name of ''w0rmer'' online and is a member of ''CabinCr3w'', an offshoot of the notorious hacking group Anonymous. In the data taken from the picture, the FBI found that the photo was taken by an iPhone.
Reports said that the GPS co-ordinates embedded in the photo, which are found in all pictures taken by any smartphone, showed the authorities the exact street and house in Wantirna South, Melbourne where the photo was clicked.
The FBI authorities also found Ochoa''s Facebook page, on which he named Kylie Gardner from Australia as his girlfriend, which confirmed that she was the same woman whose photo was taken in South Wantirna. On April 10, Ochoa appeared in court before a magistrate, where the photograph evidence was revealed in the FBI''s affidavit. He reportedly had to pay 50,000dollars for bail. (ANI)
- U.S. chain Home Depot confirms breach of data in more than 2,000 stores
- Apple beefs up iCloud security in wake of J-Law nude snaps scandal
- Now, shape-changing 'squishy' robots that tread over extreme conditions for rescue ops
- Only 5 percent of Android users to switch to iPhone 6: Survey
- US govt better at communicating on Twitter than news organizations: Study