Nevada (US), May 10: An Australian swimwear company, whose depiction of image of Goddess Lakshmi on swimwear upset Hindus worldwide, claims to have cancelled production of swimwear with Lakshmi's picture on it.
In an "Important Press Release" posted on its website http://lisablue.com.au/, Lisa Blue Swimwear says: ".image of Goddess Lakshmi will not appear on any piece of Lisa Blue swimwear."
Distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, stressed that world businesses should be careful when handling various religious traditions as faith was something very sacred to the devotees.
Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, pointed out that trivialization of religious convictions, symbols and concepts of anybody was not okay and it was hurtful to devout. Businesses should display some ethical values also and not just always be focused on mercantile greed.
Lisa Blue website says that it represents the girl who "is not afraid to share her beauty with the world". Lisa Burke is said to be the designer-owner. (ANI)
- Twitter accounts of New York Post, UPI hacked
- UC Web, Facebook come together to enable in-browser mobile notifications in India
- Samsung rolls out its first Tizen-powered phone Z1 in India
- Carbon nanotubes bring 'flexible electronics' with longer battery life closer to reality
- No fixes for IE on Microsoft Patch Tuesday this month