Nevada (US), May 10: An Australian swimwear company, whose depiction of image of Goddess Lakshmi on swimwear upset Hindus worldwide, claims to have cancelled production of swimwear with Lakshmi's picture on it.
In an "Important Press Release" posted on its website http://lisablue.com.au/, Lisa Blue Swimwear says: ".image of Goddess Lakshmi will not appear on any piece of Lisa Blue swimwear."
Distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, stressed that world businesses should be careful when handling various religious traditions as faith was something very sacred to the devotees.
Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, pointed out that trivialization of religious convictions, symbols and concepts of anybody was not okay and it was hurtful to devout. Businesses should display some ethical values also and not just always be focused on mercantile greed.
Lisa Blue website says that it represents the girl who "is not afraid to share her beauty with the world". Lisa Burke is said to be the designer-owner. (ANI)
- New technology tags your Facebook photos based on relationships
- NSA gathering 5bn cellphone records daily, Snowden documents reveal
- Soon, unlock iPhone with your face as password!
- 2014 to experience more cyber crimes, lead to stricter boardroom scrutiny: Report
- Facebook, Twitter users to get advisories over commenting on court cases