Hollywood actress, Anne Hathaway, has signed for a role in ‘Alice in Wonderland’, a film which Tim Burton is directing for Disney.
The film, which is due for release in 2010, will mix live action with animation and will be in 3D.
Hathaway starred as Agent 99 in ‘Get Smart’, and next appears in the horror thriller ‘Passengers’. Last weekend, ‘Rachel Getting Married’, an acclaimed drama in which Hathaway’s character disrupts her sister’s wedding, opened promisingly in limited release.
Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, Burton’s fiancée, have already been signed for Burton’s adaptation of ‘Alice in Wonderland.’ The two were seen last year in Burton’s ‘Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street’.
Little-known Australian actress, Mia Wasikowska, has landed the lead role of Alice, while Depp will portray the Mad Hatter in this take on the Lewis Carroll classic.
Hathaway, who is generating buzz for her performance in ‘Rachel Getting Married’, is slated for the role of the White Queen opposite Bonham Carter as Red Queen.
The role is that of a benevolent monarch who is deposed and banished by her sister, the Red Queen, who has an affinity for crying out, “Off with their heads!” The White Queen needs Alice to slay a creature known as the Bandersnatch.
- Facebook now allows you to 'see less' from friends on news feed
- Now, 'Cyborg cockroach' that can be wireless carrier too
- Microsoft makes Office suite free for Android, iPad, iPhone users
- Emojis may soon impersonate you more accurately with different skin tones
- Google glasses found to partially obstruct side vision