Washington, July 22 : A 10-year-old American boy accidentally shot and killed his five-year-old brother with a gun he found at his home.
A male babysitter was looking after the brothers while their parents were out at the time of the shooting.
He and his older brother were playing in a room next door to the babysitter when the man heard a shot.
The incident took place at a house in Belleville, Illinois, the Daily Mail reports.
The five-year-old died yesterday in what police described as an ''extremely tragic'' accidental shooting.
"This was not a self-inflicted wound. We''re still trying to determine how they got access to the weapon," said Belleville Police Chief Bill Clay.
They are questioning the ten-year-old, but said that he has not been detained. (ANI)
- Twitter accounts of New York Post, UPI hacked
- UC Web, Facebook come together to enable in-browser mobile notifications in India
- Samsung rolls out its first Tizen-powered phone Z1 in India
- Carbon nanotubes bring 'flexible electronics' with longer battery life closer to reality
- No fixes for IE on Microsoft Patch Tuesday this month