New Delhi, Jan 7 : Anguish and anger among people over the Delhi gang-rape must be used effectively to correct laws, procedures, societal norms, values and behaviour, Vice-President Hamid Ansari said Monday.
"A recent event on the eve of the New Year gave all of us occasion for remorse and sorrow. It made us, as a people, hang our heads in shame," he said at the inauguration of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Republic Day Camp here.
"The expressions of anguish and anger -- fully justified -- must now be speedily translated into comprehensive correctives in laws, procedures, societal norms and values, and social behaviour," he added.
Ansari appealed to the cadets to set new trends in human rights, gender equality and justice.
The vice-president said that full respect for human rights, gender equality and justice were prerequisites of a modern and progressive society that India aspires to become. (IANS)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore