London, Jan 5 : Toyota has released an exclusive video showing a self-drive car safety technology ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next week.
The car maker revealed a video clip of a Lexus fitted with safety features designed to minimise car crashes.
The technology includes on-board radar and video cameras to monitor the road, the surroundings, and the driver, the BBC reports.
According to the report, a Toyota spokesman said that the car can also communicate with other vehicles.
The video shows a prototype Lexus LS fitted with what Toyota''s described as an "Intelligent Transport Systems" (ITS) technology.
According to the report, Toyota has also developed technology that lets a car communicate with a driver''s smartphone to offer augmented reality features.
This would let the car know about places by the road letting it, for example. recommend an upcoming restaurant, said the spokesman. (ANI)
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue