Hong Kong - Taiwanese singer-actress Barbie Hsu was Monday named Asia's sexiest vegetarian woman in a poll run by animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
Hsu, 32, best known for her numerous film and TV roles in Taiwan, beat a long list of competitors including Hollywood actress Maggie Q to the title.
Bollywood superstar Shahid Kapoor was voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian man in the annual poll which drew thousands of votes from people across the region.
In a press statement announcing her win, Hsu said: "I think we should respect the life of all species. Eating meat is like eating corpses to me and it makes me feel sick and sad."
Jason Baker, Asia-Pacific director of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said: "There is no easier way to put passion in your life than to put compassion in your diet.
"Going vegetarian is the best thing you can do for animals, the earth and for your health. Plus there's no easier way to stay slim and sexy and Barbie and Shahid are living proof."
Last year's title of Asia's sexiest vegetarians were won by Hong Kong singer and actress Faye Wong and Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan. (dpa)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit