The news is that former Indian cricket captain Sourav
Ganguly’s niece had tested positive for swine flu.
She was admitted to the isolation ward of a M.R. Bangur
Hospital in Kolkata on
Confirming the development, Tapas Sen, the state’s nodal
officer for swine flu, said: “Sneha Ganguly, the 11-year-old daughter of
Sourav’s elder brother Snehashis Ganguly, tested positive (for swine flu) today
Sneha, a class V student, studies in La Martinere for Girls.
It is learnt that Sneha’s health condition is stable and she
is under medical supervision.
Apart from this, seven fresh swine flu cases were reported
from West Bengal, raising the total number of
affected persons in the state to 47.
Moreover, the condition of Akash Chowdhury, who was admitted
to RG Kar Hospital last Wednesday still remained critical.
The state education department had already issued
guidelines to the district authorities about the crucial steps required to be
taken to fight out the infection among school children.
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin