The news is that former Indian cricket captain Sourav
Ganguly’s niece had tested positive for swine flu.
She was admitted to the isolation ward of a M.R. Bangur
Hospital in Kolkata on
Confirming the development, Tapas Sen, the state’s nodal
officer for swine flu, said: “Sneha Ganguly, the 11-year-old daughter of
Sourav’s elder brother Snehashis Ganguly, tested positive (for swine flu) today
Sneha, a class V student, studies in La Martinere for Girls.
It is learnt that Sneha’s health condition is stable and she
is under medical supervision.
Apart from this, seven fresh swine flu cases were reported
from West Bengal, raising the total number of
affected persons in the state to 47.
Moreover, the condition of Akash Chowdhury, who was admitted
to RG Kar Hospital last Wednesday still remained critical.
The state education department had already issued
guidelines to the district authorities about the crucial steps required to be
taken to fight out the infection among school children.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore