The news is that former Indian cricket captain Sourav
Ganguly’s niece had tested positive for swine flu.
She was admitted to the isolation ward of a M.R. Bangur
Hospital in Kolkata on
Confirming the development, Tapas Sen, the state’s nodal
officer for swine flu, said: “Sneha Ganguly, the 11-year-old daughter of
Sourav’s elder brother Snehashis Ganguly, tested positive (for swine flu) today
Sneha, a class V student, studies in La Martinere for Girls.
It is learnt that Sneha’s health condition is stable and she
is under medical supervision.
Apart from this, seven fresh swine flu cases were reported
from West Bengal, raising the total number of
affected persons in the state to 47.
Moreover, the condition of Akash Chowdhury, who was admitted
to RG Kar Hospital last Wednesday still remained critical.
The state education department had already issued
guidelines to the district authorities about the crucial steps required to be
taken to fight out the infection among school children.
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue