London, October 12 : Stephen Gately''s partner reportedly made frantic efforts to revive the dead singer after discovering him lifeless at their holiday home in Spain.
The 33-year-old Boyzone singer, who wed Andrew Cowles in March 2006, was found dead on October 10.
Andy and Stephen were said to have gone to a bar and partied at their home before the star's shock death.
Stephen is believed to have choked on his vomit in the night.
"Andy said he''d screamed, ''Wake up! Wake up!'' at him. He also tried mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. When everything failed he even slapped him across the face," The Sun quoted a pal as saying.
"But doctors later confirmed Stephen''s lungs had filled with fluid. There was nothing Andy could have done. He had drowned and asphyxiated," the pal added.
A police source also said: "Stephen was discovered in a strange position - squatting down by the sofa in almost a praying position. His partner was beside himself with grief and was being comforted in their bedroom by a neighbour who he''d called on to help."
A post mortem is expected to take place soon.
The source added: "We will wait until the autopsy, but we don''t believe there are any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death." (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell