Lisbon - Former Japan and Fenerbahce coach Zico is among the favourites to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari as coach of Portugal following the Brazilian's decision to take over at English Premier League side Chelsea, Lisbon's Publico newspaper reported Tuesday.
According to the report, the board of the Portuguese football federation (FPP) will meet Wednesday to discuss who should replace Scolari, with Brazilian Zico believed to be top of the list, although a final decision is not expected to made on the same day.
Portuguese Carlos Queiroz, assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, and Argentinian Jose Pekerman have also been named as potential candidates.
Portugal were eliminated from Euro 2008 at the quarter-final stage last Thursday by Germany. (dpa)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan