London, Feb 18 : England football captain Rio Ferdinand was stalked by a woman who travelled 400 miles to target him.
The Manchester United defender told police that he and his wife Rebecca who is seven months pregnant, were being pestered by 38-year-old Susanne Ibru.
She is accused of making repeated trips from her home in Peckham, south London, the area where Ferdinand was born and raised, to his mansion in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.
Ibru has pleaded not guilty to a charge of harassment, The Daily Star reports.
She was due to stand trial yesterday but the hearing was adjourned for a fortnight after Ibru's solicitors sent a note saying she was unwell.
Ibru was granted bail on condition she does not contact Ferdinand, 32, or his wife, 29. She was also ordered to live and sleep at an address in Peckham. (ANI)
- Fabregas hints at staying at Arsenal
- England giving ‘cheats’ Pak silent treatment: Broad
- Lampard backs Torres, Luiz to ‘make a difference’ to Chelsea
- Lampard warns of ‘disaster’ if Chelsea fail to qualify for next season Champions League
- Flower’s gamble of playing Pietersen as opener may pay-off big for England: Selvey