Karachi, Feb 16 : Former Australian cricketer Dav Whatmore and Julien Fountain are reportedly set to sign contracts with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
Though the PCB is yet to make a formal announcement, a board official confirmed the appointments of Whatmore as head coach and Fountain as fielding coach, adding that both will arrive in Lahore next month.
"Whatmore and Fountain are certain to join the team," The Express Tribune quoted an official, close to the coach-hunt committee, as saying.
"They are expected to sign the contracts on March 1. Both will supervise a brief training camp in Lahore ahead of the Asia Cup," he added.
The development ends uncertainty over the fate of interim Pakistan coach Mohsin Khan, under whose guidance the team has clinched Sri Lanka and Bangladesh series win.
The official added that the PCB might wait till the end of the England series to make the official announcement regarding appointments.
He also said that efforts were underway to retain Aqib Javed as Pakistan's bowling coach after the Emirates Cricket Board announced the former as its main contender for the post of the team's head coach.
The official added that the PCB would discuss over Mohsin's future role with the team. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai