Kolkata, April 14 - Rajasthan Royals captain Rahul Dravid Friday rued his pacers' lack of experience and blamed poor fielding for their loss against Kolkata Knight Riders(KKR) in the Indian Premier League game at the Eden Gardens.
"Our pacers are young and inexperienced compared to those of KKR. I think we could have fielded better. Though we lost the match, we were never outclassed," said Dravid after Friday's match.
"We always knew it was going to be low scoring game as the wicket was slow and turning. Though we made a steady start, losing wickets at crucial junctures cost us heavily," added Dravid.
He said the team might have lost the game but they were never outplayed.
"We have been fighting hard in all our games. We were never outclassed in any of the game though we may have lost," he said.
The Dravid led team began the season on a wonderful note winning the first two matches before suffering a defeat at the hands of a rampaging Mumbai Indians team Wednesday which was followed by a defeat at the hands of KKR Friday.
He also said with an eye on the upcoming T20 world Cup, the selectors must surely take notice of the performance of youngsters from India.
Meanwhile, man of the match Shakib Al Hassan credited people back home in Bangladesh for his performance.
"This is my first man of the match award in the IPL and I am very happy. But it is the good wishes of my countrymen which has brought me this award," said Hassan. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan