London, July 20 : Senior Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid has described the country''s batting line-up as strong, but not yet the best in the world.
Speaking ahead of the Lord''s Test between India and England here on Tuesday, Dravid said: "I don't like to say that we are the best batting side and they are best bowling side in the world. At the end of the day it is contest between India and England. That is the important thing. Who is the best and who is not the best? At the end of the day, we have got a strong batting line up, the series will be decided may be that contest."
The 38-year-old batsman said it was important to get off to a good start, as it could set the tune for the high-profile series.
He admitted that the team had been lacking on this aspect at times in the recent past.
"Starting well for us will be important. It is an area of our game that, we do recognize that sometimes we have not been as good as we would like to be. So it is something we want to do well. If we can start well then we see that it makes a big difference," said Dravid.
India is currently the number one side in the world and England is hoping to assume that mantle by beating the visitors by at least a two-test margin. (ANI)
- `I''m bang in form, can''t wait to get going against India,’ says Broad
- Swann says Dhoni’s wicket more important than Sachin’s
- `We are striving hard to overtake India as number one cricket team,'' says Swann
- Tendulkar’s son bowls to Indian batsmen in nets at Lord''s
- Swann believes DRS absence will hurt his lbw claims