Melbourne, Jan 3 : Australian bowler Shane Watson is hoping to be available as a batsman for the third Test against India in Perth, but admitted that fitness and the selectors' decision are significant hurdles before him.
Watson is battling a calf injury but plans to resume batting in the nets later this week.
He is also hoping to be available as a batsman for the third Test against India in Perth.
''''It''s been a bit of a slow process unfortunately. I''ll start running tomorrow and build it up over the next week, and hopefully be fit and open to be picked as a batsman in Perth,'''' Watson," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Watson, as saying.
''''But that comes down to my fitness and also what the selectors think as well. Hopefully I''ll start padding over the next couple of days as well,'''' he added.
Watson has been ruled out of international cricket since sustaining a hamstring injury during Australia''s win in Johannesburg in November.
''''I didn''t think it was probably going to take this long, but unfortunately I''ve had a couple of little setbacks along the way,'''' he said.
''''It''s been quite a frustrating time but I''ve just got to get through the other side of it and hopefully get back to playing very soon,'''' he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today