Melbourne, Jan 3 : Australian bowler Shane Watson is hoping to be available as a batsman for the third Test against India in Perth, but admitted that fitness and the selectors' decision are significant hurdles before him.
Watson is battling a calf injury but plans to resume batting in the nets later this week.
He is also hoping to be available as a batsman for the third Test against India in Perth.
''''It''s been a bit of a slow process unfortunately. I''ll start running tomorrow and build it up over the next week, and hopefully be fit and open to be picked as a batsman in Perth,'''' Watson," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Watson, as saying.
''''But that comes down to my fitness and also what the selectors think as well. Hopefully I''ll start padding over the next couple of days as well,'''' he added.
Watson has been ruled out of international cricket since sustaining a hamstring injury during Australia''s win in Johannesburg in November.
''''I didn''t think it was probably going to take this long, but unfortunately I''ve had a couple of little setbacks along the way,'''' he said.
''''It''s been quite a frustrating time but I''ve just got to get through the other side of it and hopefully get back to playing very soon,'''' he added. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai