Melbourne, Jan 3 : Australian bowler Shane Watson is hoping to be available as a batsman for the third Test against India in Perth, but admitted that fitness and the selectors' decision are significant hurdles before him.
Watson is battling a calf injury but plans to resume batting in the nets later this week.
He is also hoping to be available as a batsman for the third Test against India in Perth.
''''It''s been a bit of a slow process unfortunately. I''ll start running tomorrow and build it up over the next week, and hopefully be fit and open to be picked as a batsman in Perth,'''' Watson," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Watson, as saying.
''''But that comes down to my fitness and also what the selectors think as well. Hopefully I''ll start padding over the next couple of days as well,'''' he added.
Watson has been ruled out of international cricket since sustaining a hamstring injury during Australia''s win in Johannesburg in November.
''''I didn''t think it was probably going to take this long, but unfortunately I''ve had a couple of little setbacks along the way,'''' he said.
''''It''s been quite a frustrating time but I''ve just got to get through the other side of it and hopefully get back to playing very soon,'''' he added. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan