Wellington, May 8: Australian leg-spin legend Shane Warne's fans are being offered the chance to bid to face an over from him to raise money for New Zealand's earthquake victims.
The auction is part of Sunday's `Fill Up the Basin for Christchurch' charity match, to be held at Wellington's Basin Reserve.
Former New Zealand captain Stephen Fleming is organizing the match, which will also feature former Test batsman Martin Crowe, and actors Russell Crowe, Sir Ian McKellan and James Nesbitt.
According to Fox News, the bidding has already reached the 1200 dollar mark
Warne had earlier revealed that he will also bowl an over at New Zealand Prime Minister John Key.
"Tickets are selling out fast and there is huge interest," said Cricket Wellington Chief Executive Gavin Larsen.
"We are heading towards a potential sell-out of the ground which would be a tremendous result, which would clearly contribute significantly to the earthquake appeal," he added.
The 6.3 magnitude quake that hit the city last week left up to 240 people feared dead. (ANI)
- Frustrated Mills doesn''t like being left out of Black Caps WC squad
- Black Caps need to treat WC match against Zimbabwe with caution: Doull
- Daniel Vettori deemed sexiest by group of Bollywood actresses
- India, South Africa favourites to win World Cup: Parore
- Time to play three spinners in New Zealand side: McMillan