Sydney, Feb 25 : Spin legend Shane Warne Thursday denied having a heated argument with Ricky Ponting over participation of Australian cricketers in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Media reports said that Warne had a bust-up with the Australian skipper during the players' association meeting Tuesday night to discuss the security concerns for the IPL.
Denying all such reports, Warne said: "Everyone is free to voice their opinion, and not everyone thinks the same - there was no heated meeting between me and Ricky, me and Ricky are good mates, we get along fine."
"The Indian government's backing of the plan devised by Nicholls Steyn and Associates, the company in charge of IPL security, would give players a huge boost in safety confidence," Warne was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.
Warne is confident security for the IPL will be sufficient.
There are also reports that at least one Australian player is looking into hiring a private bodyguard to shadow him for the tournament. The bodyguard would come at a substantial expense that would come out of the player's own pocket but the cost would be covered by his IPL fee.(IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan