Sydney, Feb 25 : Spin legend Shane Warne Thursday denied having a heated argument with Ricky Ponting over participation of Australian cricketers in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Media reports said that Warne had a bust-up with the Australian skipper during the players' association meeting Tuesday night to discuss the security concerns for the IPL.
Denying all such reports, Warne said: "Everyone is free to voice their opinion, and not everyone thinks the same - there was no heated meeting between me and Ricky, me and Ricky are good mates, we get along fine."
"The Indian government's backing of the plan devised by Nicholls Steyn and Associates, the company in charge of IPL security, would give players a huge boost in safety confidence," Warne was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.
Warne is confident security for the IPL will be sufficient.
There are also reports that at least one Australian player is looking into hiring a private bodyguard to shadow him for the tournament. The bodyguard would come at a substantial expense that would come out of the player's own pocket but the cost would be covered by his IPL fee.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today