Sydney, Aug 18 : The world's second fastest man Yohan Blake is certain he could bowl faster than his track rival and the world's fastest man Usain Bolt, as he sets his eyes on playing in the Australian Twenty20 Big Bash League.
The two fastest men on the planet could meet in a sensational cricket showdown Down Under after both were approached to play in the Big Bash.
"Definitely I am the quicker bowler - he will probably get more bounce than me because he is tall, but I can bang it in. Definitely I am the quicker one," The Herald Sun quoted Blake, as saying.
Blake attended the Test match between England and South Africa at Lord''s and was asked by the commentary team during the lunch break whether he would genuinely consider a Big Bash stint.
"It''s a possibility, one that I would love to come true because I''ve been itching to bat against Brett Lee. I can play with the pros because I''ve got what it takes, I''ve been practising at home. I think I''m a better cricketer than runner," Blake said.
Blake is being chased by the Sydney Sixers while Bolt has been urged by Shane Warne to join the Melbourne Stars.
Blake again talked about his cricketing skills while being interviewed by Caribbean great fast bowler Michael Holding.
"I have pace, I can be at real Michael Holding pace," Blake said, to which Holding interjected: "Now, at 58."
Blake replied: "No, when you were back in your days." (ANI)
- McDermott’s son all set to follow father onto the world stage
- Oz selector Inverarity fears ‘Bolt, Blake Big Bash circus’ could ‘spike seriousness of cricket’
- Oz selectors pick White in 15-man squad for T20 World Cup
- ‘Sprint sensations’ Blake, Bolt set to ‘set pitch on fire’ in Oz’s T20 league
- ‘Drug-cheat’ shot-putter cries conspiracy after being stripped of Games gold medal