London, May 5 : Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed former manager Andre Villas-Boas would be scratching his head in disbelief after seeing their results since getting the axe.
Terry said he has great sympathy for Villas-Boas, and also dismissed suggestions that the Chelsea players never lifted a leg for the Portuguese.
“Naturally, I have a great level of sympathy for Andre. I certainly didn’t want to see him out of a job and the players have to take a certain amount of responsibility,” The Sun quoted Terry, as saying.
“But it’s absolute rubbish to suggest the players never lifted a leg for him, it simply isn’t true. Given the results since AVB left he must be sat there scratching his head in disbelief,” he added.
“I’m still in touch with him and it won’t be long before he returns to management,” he said. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan