London, May 5 : Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed former manager Andre Villas-Boas would be scratching his head in disbelief after seeing their results since getting the axe.
Terry said he has great sympathy for Villas-Boas, and also dismissed suggestions that the Chelsea players never lifted a leg for the Portuguese.
“Naturally, I have a great level of sympathy for Andre. I certainly didn’t want to see him out of a job and the players have to take a certain amount of responsibility,” The Sun quoted Terry, as saying.
“But it’s absolute rubbish to suggest the players never lifted a leg for him, it simply isn’t true. Given the results since AVB left he must be sat there scratching his head in disbelief,” he added.
“I’m still in touch with him and it won’t be long before he returns to management,” he said. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!