London, May 5 : Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed former manager Andre Villas-Boas would be scratching his head in disbelief after seeing their results since getting the axe.
Terry said he has great sympathy for Villas-Boas, and also dismissed suggestions that the Chelsea players never lifted a leg for the Portuguese.
“Naturally, I have a great level of sympathy for Andre. I certainly didn’t want to see him out of a job and the players have to take a certain amount of responsibility,” The Sun quoted Terry, as saying.
“But it’s absolute rubbish to suggest the players never lifted a leg for him, it simply isn’t true. Given the results since AVB left he must be sat there scratching his head in disbelief,” he added.
“I’m still in touch with him and it won’t be long before he returns to management,” he said. (ANI)
- Drogba prefers playing with two strikers upfront to tackle one-on-one with defenders
- Di Matteo has no qualms with ‘playing ugly’ to help Chelsea win Cup double
- Freed Pak pacer Asif claims ‘no evidence of spot-fixing charges against him’
- 6-yr deal with Nike lands Man City £12 million a year bounty
- Mourinho cold-shoulders Abramovich, set to sign new deal with Real Madrid