London, May 5 : Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed former manager Andre Villas-Boas would be scratching his head in disbelief after seeing their results since getting the axe.
Terry said he has great sympathy for Villas-Boas, and also dismissed suggestions that the Chelsea players never lifted a leg for the Portuguese.
“Naturally, I have a great level of sympathy for Andre. I certainly didn’t want to see him out of a job and the players have to take a certain amount of responsibility,” The Sun quoted Terry, as saying.
“But it’s absolute rubbish to suggest the players never lifted a leg for him, it simply isn’t true. Given the results since AVB left he must be sat there scratching his head in disbelief,” he added.
“I’m still in touch with him and it won’t be long before he returns to management,” he said. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'