London, May 5 : Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed former manager Andre Villas-Boas would be scratching his head in disbelief after seeing their results since getting the axe.
Terry said he has great sympathy for Villas-Boas, and also dismissed suggestions that the Chelsea players never lifted a leg for the Portuguese.
“Naturally, I have a great level of sympathy for Andre. I certainly didn’t want to see him out of a job and the players have to take a certain amount of responsibility,” The Sun quoted Terry, as saying.
“But it’s absolute rubbish to suggest the players never lifted a leg for him, it simply isn’t true. Given the results since AVB left he must be sat there scratching his head in disbelief,” he added.
“I’m still in touch with him and it won’t be long before he returns to management,” he said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today