London, July 23 : Barcelona David Villa striker has said that he will do everything he can to persuade Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas to join him at the Nou Camp.
Villa is the latest Barcelona star to call on Fabregas to leave Arsenal, following similar pleas made earlier by Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta, Gerard Pique and Xavi.
"I am not the Barcelona coach, nor the person responsible for reinforcements, but personally I will do the maximum to get Cesc here," The Sun quoted Villa, as saying.
"He wants to play here and it will be quite normal if Arsenal finally do a deal. That would be great. A player of his ability will only increase our power."
"He'll help Xavi and Andres Iniesta - and I will score more goals with him in the side," he added.
Barcelona's top brass has claimed that Arsenal is willing to sell Fabregas for 50 million pounds.
The Spanish giants are not prepared to make an offer, but the fact that Arsenal has named a price suggests that there is scope for negotiation.
Villa also believes that the London club will eventually cave in and let their captain rejoin his old club. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional